Occupy Hartford GA – March 24, 2012
Facilitator: Ted D
Minutes: Jessica N
- There was a Women’s Caucus Meeting today at 2:00 pm and some members attended
- The National Anti-War Conference was being held this weekend in Stamford, CT and some members were in attendance
- Monday, March 26, 2012 is Movie Night featuring Transition Towns. Location: Kabbalah House, Hartford, CT Time: 5:30-7:30 Potluck included.
- Tuesday, March 27, 2012 is the Justice for Trayvon Martin event at the New Haven Courthouse from 6:00-7:00 pm.
- Picnic at Turning Point Park April 15th at noon. No tents.
- The Kingswood-Oxford Workers will be speaking at universities in the coming weeks. April 3rd they will be at Central Connecticut State University and next weekend they will be speaking at Trinity College in Hartford, CT
- The ACLU will be having a Racial Profiling Event on April 3rd from 5:30-7:45 at the New Haven Public Library
- ONH- the 2-week stay is up this Wednesday, March 28. It is estimated that around 30 full-time people are occupying at this point. There may be a call to have supporters go down on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- The “Groton 8″ were charged with an infraction and were charged a $35 fine and were given 4 hours of community service to complete (Update: It appears the fine was dropped).
- On March 17th Occupy Midwest occupiers were leaving the park and were attacked by police. Videos are available online.
- Return to two GA’s a week. One on Saturday from 2:30-4:30 pm and the other on Mondays from 5:30-6:00 at the Kabbalah House prior to the Monday Gathering- PASSED
- Proposal to change from 90% consensus to a solution-oriented, 100% consensus, decision-making method based on the N-Street Method created by N Street Cohousing in California.
If we do not reach a consensus on a proposal and just one or two people block, the person(s) who block set up a working group with one person who supports the proposal and one person who sees both sides and meet to come up with a new proposal that addresses the needs of both sides. If they don’t bring a new proposal within two meetings, the person(s) are asked to withdraw their block.
If time does not allow two meetings worth of discussion, a shorter emergency time frame can be set at the meeting, giving people a minimum of 10 minutes to make a new proposal.- PASSED