- Sara reported about her arrest at the ONH eviction and that the pre-trial is on Monday 6.4.12. Mario and Diane may be called upon as witnesses, and others in OH may be asked to serve as character witnesses.
- July gathering – for a weekend – July 13-15 at the Indian Reservation in Colchester
- Providence – mini-re-occupation Thurs – Sun, June 7-10; no tents, just under the stars on sidewalks. Coincides with meeting of NetRoots, liberal politicians, so a chance to have dialogue.
- DSS Action – June 15 9:00 – noon and June 19 1:00-4:00 Caring Families Coalition will be gathering input from DSS clients at 3580 Main Street; info will be used to formulate action(s) against DSS; see Barbara to learn more and to join
- June 17 NAACP March/Rally – protesting racial profiling and indefinite detention; intended to be a silent march? Debra will find out
- Sustinet – June 12 public hearing / lobby day 8:30 – 10:00 to start
- Rolling Stone –June 7 issue has important articles regarding the Occupy Movement – recommended reading
- Bill Moyers – his website has a link to www.reckoningwithtorture.org, related to indefinite detention
- Monsanto – Debra contacted Right to Know CT, who will be interested in working with us on the issue of GMO food labeling
- NDAA Petitions Committee – petition was read; plan to petition in New Britain on May 30 was canceled; need to find out next steps
- Monday Movie Night – Jay will do the tech support and publicize on web. Will show “Everything you Have to Know about Dangerous Genetically Modified Foods”.
- Caravan / National Gathering – will include an overnight in New Haven on 6/28 and another in New Jersey on 6/29; work is underway to determine what, if any, actions will take place in New Haven.
- GA Meeting Time and place – original idea was to move meeting to 10:00 am; others had suggested noon; no agreement was reached and topic was tabled for now.
- Platform Language – For item #5 – “victim” changed to “people affected by”, “drug addiction” changed to “addiction of all kinds”, and “poverty” added to list social ills. Revisions approved.
- GA Minutes onto Website – Alice proposed that more than one person be an administrator on the website. Duties would include “tech team” related to functioning of website; promotion of events; updating graphics; facebook posting; updating using wordpress; reconstitute googlegroup / listserve; volunteers encouraged to contact Jay to help with any/all tasks; training will be provided. No proposal action needed.
- Clipboarding at DSS on 6/15 and 6/19; June 28 will be the planning meeting; no proposal action taken pending clarification from Barbara whether OH should/can endorse activities of Caring Families Coalition
- Reckoning with Torture – proposal to conduct the session was tabled; instead, we will view the Bill Moyers segment that explains the process on Monday night, June 11.
- Endorse Monsanto Action and working with Right to Know CT – tabled till working group presents a specific proposal.
- Debra will follow up on the June 17 march and whether it is silent, etc.
- Nancy will clarify the proposed use of the NDAA petition and also the current status of the issue given that a circuit judge has ruled that indefinite detention of US citizens is unconstitutional.
- Jay will publicize Monday’s movie
- Alice will send final platform to Jay to update website
- All are asked to consider ways to help strengthen our communication esp. on the internet.
- Barbara will find out if Occupy Hartford can “sign on” with Caring Families Coalition
- Nancy will follow up with JoAnne and Johnny regarding the People’s University for June 16
- Everyone will read the article on indybay regarding post-Occupy “world”
- Debra will invite Toka / Coalition to attend Monday night (6/11) viewing of “Reckoning with Torture.”