Occupy Hartford General Assembly – June 23, 2012
Facilitator – Jose. Quorum – Yes. Location – Grass between Library and Museum.
1) Diane and Mario: Diane’s son Mike had a stroke and heart attack. Please think of them in thoughts and any well wishes. Deborah is going to ask for material needs, Alice got a card for all to sign.
1) Day of Flyering by the United Anti-War Colilition in New Haven on July 30th
2) Occupy New England’s 2nd Regional Gathering – Will be held July 13-15, 2012 in Colchester. RELATED: Nancy, Caren and Eric will be helping to pull tents out of storage to see what can be used for the Occupy New England’s meeting sometime tomorrow. EVENT PAGE - FACEBOOK PAGE.
3) Peoples’ University – July’s meeting on the 21st and will be NDAA at the Unitarian Meeting House. Will be held at Charter Oak after that.
4) Occupy Boston Looking for representatives - They are planning a Sept 17 action (one year anniversary of OWS) in NYC working group is looking for members from Occupy Hartford.
5) Monsanto/GMO Working Group – Meeting will be held in Wethersfield on July 7th. Please contact Deborah if you want to participate. Rebecca will help Deborah post the event in Facebook.
6) Invited by 9/11 Truth to view their documentary on July 6 at the Kaballah House.
Report Backs -
1) NDAA – Jose has and English/Spanish petition to get signed and bring to the New Britain in order to ask for repeal of NDAA. Nancy will be sending info regarding making similar petitions for other towns.
2) Occupy Caravan – starting in Portland, ME. Going to Worcester and actions, and then onto Hartford on Thursday the 28th at about 1pm. Heading down to New Haven, Newark (big event) and then to Philly.
3) Lindsey’s Court Date – OH picketed on June 22 regarding the right to film police actions. Lindsey was arrested at the Clean Up the Banks action. 9:30 on Friday the 13th she will face her next court date. ACLU expressed some interest, but may need to be pressured into stepping up. Jay and Alice will help follow up, but check first with Lindsey.
4) Providence Sidewalk Actions – 4 members from OH went. Really cool, really energizing and perhaps sidewalk occupations may be a way forward for other actions . Some members have been banished from the Providence Mall, and happily so.
5) National Gathering in Philly – Sat-Wednesday. Rebecca will be at the Welcome table. Mark Provost will be speaking. Carpooling is being handled by ride frog, Occupy the Roads.
7) GA Interoccupy Conference Call – Alice and Sara were on the call to discuss how GA’s are progressing. Many issues were brought up, including more visibility and more promotion.
8 ) DSS meeting. Francis attended on June 19th. They collected signatures, and the Courant released a front page article. Caring Families will be having a meeting on June 28th. Nancy suggested it may be a good time for an action to highlight the glitch that kicked so many off the rolls for services. Mary is working towards revising the programs using the legislation process.
9) Hartford 20/20 – Johnny has been talking to Susan Campbell regarding bringing Hartford people together and moderating over contentious issues.
1) Retail Marketing Campaign – Donating. Proposal for $150.00 which would be matched 1:1 by Jay K. TABLED.
2) Fundraising – Jay will put an online push for donations to tell that we have a lot going on and we need XXXX. . – PASSED
3) 9/11 Truth - Wording is important. “Occupy has been invited…” - AGREED
4) Caravan - To hold the Occupy Caravan stop at Colt Park from 1-3pm. Including pot luck food, potties, speaker, etc. Add a OH responsible budget of $50.00 (if necessary). – PASSED
5) Provide Sara with a scholarship to bus to Philly. – PASSED
- Jay – Promote FOOD DRIVE for Caravan, promote 9/11 Truth, Promote Fundraising
- Jose & Nancy – online NDAA petition for other cities, etc.
- Sara – Look for best bus fares