- Occupy Providence has scheduled a 4-day “Sidewalk Occupation” on June 7-June 10 to coincide with the Netroots conference, a political convention for American progressive political activists. Netroots attracts politicians from the local and national level who attend and take part in the conference. OP is looking to use this as an opportunity to ensure that the people’s voice and the voice of the 99% are present and active. Will include workshops, teach-ins and protests. Will be using sleeping bags, but no structures such as tent. Facebook event page is at https://www.facebook.com/events/360876557305416/?context=create
- Coalition against NDAA will be handing out flyers on Wednesday at the parade in New Britain. Jose will get more information.
- Garret talked about the anti-nuke protest in Plymouth and his arrest on Sunday, along with 14 others. Said he was the youngest person arrested, and was released after declining to pay a $40 court fee. His message to Occupy Hartford: Don’t give in! Also talked about an NRC meeting in which the organizers of the meeting buckled to “people power.”
- Brian talked about M12 being a successful regional action.
- NATGAT/Occupy Caravan: Working group is focusing on route and getting people on board for both. Anticipated to be an exciting and productive gathering.
- Lindsey reported on her court date. Prosecutor agreed to look at the DVD for evidence. Next court date is 6/22 at 9:30pm. Court solidarity would be welcomed.
- John asked that the daily “horn-blowing” action be taken to NATGAT to possibly be endorsed as a national action. Rebecca volunteered to bring the idea to Philly.
- Cassie brought proposal regarding adopting diversity of tactics/Chicago principles document. Document was handed out for consideration. After discussion and questions, it was decided that Cassie would form a working group, and the proposal was tabled.
- Cassie to work on forming working group for Chicago principles
- Garret to reach out to Western Mass for purpose of Caravan and regional efforts
- Jose to get more information about the parade on Wednesday and report it to OH admin to be put on FB page.